Friday, October 24, 2014

I just went potty unsupervised

So yeah, this hasn't been the insightful, inspiring blog I hoped it would be, but that's okay. I am home. I'm in MY bed, with my sweet puppy who I missed so much. Most importantly, I finally got to poop all by myself. Don't take that for granted, people. CHERISH IT. And being able to scratch your head. And move your body without tangling up a bunch of wires. And feel the sun on your skin. If the experience gave me anything, it was deeper appreciation for how hard it must be for people confined to a bed or wheelchair long term.

btw, remember how cute I looked in that fist picture? Here's me last night:

Yeah, that's why I ended up not taking a whole lot of pictures. But I did tweet some good "foodie" pics over at @beppy, hashtag "hospitalfood."

After all that, I never did have a seizure for them. Watch me have one tonight. It's kind of hard not to feel just a little bit like a failure. Steve has reassured me that I did everything I possibly could to induce one - staying up all night, chugging energy drinks, watching those awful strobe lights. In the end, I'm just going to stay on the Tegretol and hope it keeps working. I don't see my neuro again until January.

I want to thank my husband for being amazing, even when I was super cranky, my parents for coming by to keep me company, and the awesome staff at KU Med for re-gluing my electrodes, taking my vitals, making me laugh, and yes, helping me poop. None of you guys get paid enough for all that you do.

I guess that about wraps it up, kids. I might keep this blog around for other epilepsy related stuff because the name is so damn clever. We got awareness month coming up in November. Until next time, be excellent to each other, and GO ROYALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment